Team Coco Digital
Director of Technology and Engineering
January 2011 - Present • Burbank, CA
- Founding member of teamcoco.com, the digital home of Conan O’Brien’s late-night talk show, CONAN.
- Contributed to the development of the overall technical and business strategy for CONAN’s digital presence.
- Built and managed a team of internal developers, contractors and external partners to develop and integrate ad
technology, analytics, mobile apps, and other advanced technologies.
- Architected and implemented a complex, secure, and cost-effective AWS cloud hosting infrastructure that allows for
dynamic scalability, automated continuous deployments, and low touch maintenance.
- Established and documented development best practices, constructed and maintained engineering roadmap, budgets and
timelines monitored and mentored performance of the development team
- Worked closely with product, business, and editorial teams to translate complex requirements into custom technical
solutions that meet the needs of a constantly changing content landscape.
- Developed and implemented a custom video and asset management platform; including cloud transcoding services, cloud
clipping tools, secure video serving infrastructure, custom HTML5 video player and multi-platform social publishing.
- Winner: 2018 Primetime Emmy Awards: Outstanding Creative Achievement In Interactive Media Within An Unscripted Program
- 2012 Primetime Emmy Awards: Outstanding Creative Achievement In Interactive Media
- Nominee 2019 Primetime Emmy Awards: Outstanding Interactive Program
- Nominee: 2016 Primetime Emmy Awards: Outstanding Interactive Program
- Nominee: 2013 Primetime Emmy Awards: Outstanding Interactive Program
- Nominee: 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards: Outstanding Creative Achievement In Interactive Media
- 2011 SXSW Interactive Awards: Best Social Media
- 2013 Gold Key Art Award for Innovative Media
- 2013 Gold Key Art Award for Experiential Engagement
- Nine Webby Awards including 2014 Entertainment Mobile App and 2013 Best Celebrity/Fan Site
- Seven Honoree Webby Awards and five other Webby nominations
Blue Waters Research LLC
Senior Software Engineer
April 2010 - January 2011 • Santa Monica, CA
- Led the development of a fully custom e-commerce platform for self-service group buying
- Architected a dynamic, scalable infrastructure that was able to adapt to quickly changing business requirements.
- Worked with editorial and sales teams to develop a complex analytics platform to drive future sales and customer growth.
January 2007 - April 2010 • Santa Monica, CA
- Responsible for architecting, developing and maintaining several large scale, high traffic websites for Yahoo! Entertainment.
- Developed a cross-property content and photo management platform
- Lead Back-end developer for category leading celebrity news site omg.yahoo.com, serving over 500 million pages views a month
- Lead Developer & Architect for Yahoo’s Awards Platform, which provides a scalable, reusable framework for quickly developing awards show sites
- Member of the Yahoo! Media Tech Leads and Media Front-end Leadership organizations
- December 2008 “You Rock” award given monthly in recognition of exceptional work
- 2007 & 2008 nominated for Yahoo “Super Star” award
New York State Fair
March 2003 - December 2006 • Syracuse, NY
- Led development and implementation of a custom content management system
- 2003 Employee of the Year
Syracuse University at Utica College • 2003-2005 • Utica, NY
Majored in Computer Science with a focus on Business Software Development
Nazareth College • 2001-2003 • Rochester, NY
Majored in Political Science and Information Systems
Method and system for socializing events. U.S. Patent Application 20110252331.
Filed April 2010. Granted May 23, 2017, US9659276
- Concepts: Object-Oriented Programming, Test driven development, Service Oriented Architecture, Scalable Database Design, Semantic HTML/XHTML, Cross browser development, Content Delivery Networks
- Platforms: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud